Listed here are the newest COVID-19 updates from Japan and past:
<June 4, 2022>
- About 740,000 COVID-19 booster vaccine doses made by Moderna Inc. have been discarded or are anticipated to be discarded in 27 main cities in Japan as a result of expiration, a Kyodo Information survey confirmed Saturday, because the nation has struggled to supply extra third pictures to individuals.
- Chinese language Premier Li Keqiang has urged authorities officers to take steps to increase exports, because the world’s second-biggest economic system has change into sluggish due largely to its radical “zero-COVID” coverage, sources near the matter stated Thursday.
- Japanese Overseas Minister Yoshimasa Hayashi examined constructive for COVID-19 on Wednesday and can recuperate at dwelling till no less than June 11, officers stated.
- Shanghai lifted its two-month-long lockdown Wednesday, permitting round 90 % of its residents to go away dwelling and resuming public transport.
- Japan doubled the cap on each day arrivals to the nation to twenty,000 from Wednesday because it continues to ease its COVID-19 border controls amid receding worries in regards to the pandemic.
Hitachi Ltd. stated Tuesday its staff can take their face masks off offering they aren’t conversing and social distancing is practiced at work, easing its masks pointers in keeping with the view of the Japanese well being ministry.
Japan issued 90,306 visas to international nationals in 2021, marking the bottom determine since comparable data had been made accessible in 1999, as a result of pandemic-related journey restrictions, the Overseas Ministry stated Tuesday.
- Japan plans to permit extra regional airports to simply accept entrants from overseas, Prime Minister Fumio Kishida stated Tuesday, because the nation progressively relaxes stringent border controls carried out in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A take a look at tour for inbound vacationers in Japan has been canceled after considered one of 4 Thais collaborating examined constructive for the coronavirus, Japan’s tourism company has stated.
- The Japanese authorities will finish on the finish of June a measure that permits foreigners unable to return to their dwelling nations as a result of coronavirus border controls to increase their stays in Japan.
Shanghai will carry its two-month-long lockdown from midnight on Wednesday, the municipal authorities stated Monday, permitting a lot of the metropolis’s residents to go away dwelling.
- Complete international manufacturing by eight main Japanese automakers in April fell 20.1 % from a 12 months earlier to 1.66 million automobiles, business information confirmed Monday, reflecting a worldwide semiconductor scarcity and provide disruptions brought on by a COVID-19 lockdown in Shanghai.
- Toyota Motor Corp. stated Monday its international gross sales in April dropped 11.1 % from a 12 months earlier to 763,708 automobiles, declining for the eighth straight month, hit by a worldwide semiconductor scarcity and a COVID lockdown in Shanghai.